Anyone able to do small lathe job? (London)

geeetee";p="1881565 said:
Hi everyone,
I am re-building vintage racing bike and due to incompability of some modern parts I am looking foe someone who can do a small lathe job for me -to reduce diameter- roughly 2mm smaller by 1mm length, 1pc (really little job). I am located in East London E17 but as I am quite desperate to find someone I will be happy to travel anywhere within/close to M25 to get it done. Many thanks.
Mark[/b][/quote

Mark PM me, I have a full home workshop (4 x lathes, 3 x mills etc)

How big is the part ? shape ? pic's ?

I might be able to help for free is it's straight forward and I have the right kit.

Not quite in the smoke, just off J11 m1 (Dunstable)

Lez

Sponsored Links
Hi Lez,
many thanks for your offer. I will try first if someone local can do the job.
I will know the result next week. Pls see pictures in my album. Pic 1 shows the part now, pic 2 shows how it should be, basically "the seating face ring" on one side should be taken off resulting both ends of the bottom bracket looking the same. The material is aluminium alloy.
cheers
mark

FriedFreddy";p="1884265 said:
Hi everyone,
I am re-building vintage racing bike and due to incompability of some modern parts I am looking foe someone who can do a small lathe job for me -to reduce diameter- roughly 2mm smaller by 1mm length, 1pc (really little job). I am located in East London E17 but as I am quite desperate to find someone I will be happy to travel anywhere within/close to M25 to get it done. Many thanks.
Mark[/b][/quote

Mark PM me, I have a full home workshop (4 x lathes, 3 x mills etc)

How big is the part ? shape ? pic's ?

I might be able to help for free is it's straight forward and I have the right kit.

Not quite in the smoke, just off J11 m1 (Dunstable)

Lez

Sponsored Links
need picture to see if it will fit in the lathe chuck and size

Well that should take all of 5 minutes, basically just turning the shoulder off !

Offer still open if you can't get it done locally

Lez

pls see pic in my album

quote="merlin50";p="1887399"]need picture to see if it will fit in the lathe chuck and size[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back