Anyone?! - Diesel boiler fires then fails...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Oil boiler (Bubble) fires then fails within 5 seconds. However if I then reset the 'lock out' button (it is not locked out - the red light is still flashing intermittently) the boiler starts up and runs normally for the heating period on the timer. When it needs to restart at the next heating cycle the same thing happens. Why does it do this? I could understand if it continually only fired for 5 seconds but for it to stall then be fine on the reset is confusing me. Photocell, solenoid, thermostat, reset button??? Anyone to point me in a direction to start looking for a fix would be appreciated. Thanks. Really - Has no one got an opinion on this???? 60 views and not even a pointer!

Sponsored Links
Have it serviced !!! If it is running on diesel, then manufacturers recommendation is six months. There may also be a problem with thr preheater.

Have it serviced !!! If it is running on diesel, then manufacturers recommendation is six months. There may also be a problem with thr preheater.

Seems it may not be seeing the flame at first!

Get it serviced!

Sponsored Links
If this is, as I suspect, a very low output boiler running on 35 sec oil, then it relies on a fine preheated high pressure spray to enable ignition. Servicing will, or should include checking oil filters, replacing the nozzle, cleaning off the electrodes and checking oil pressure, all of which can affect start up, especially cold starts at this time of year.
35 sec oil varies so much in specification, and each delivery can cause problems with small throughputs that pass unnoticed on commercial boilers with much larger volumes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back