anyone no the definitive answer on distance to boundaries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know the answer to a fairly simple question as i am getting differing answers from corgi technical odpm and manufacturers.

fitting condensing boilers and in particular their flue terminations to a neighbouring boundary is supposed to be in accordance with part l

part L states that it is recommended to be 2.5metres to avoid nuisance to neighbours, corgi states that partL is only a guide and doesnt have to be followed, boiler manufacturers state 600mm but make sure it doesnt cause a nuisance. i feel that that all three bodies cannot agree and is simply up to installers and if something goes wrong the installer will have to move

Sponsored Links
Yep, that's about you have to conclude, it seems. Now define "nuisance"!

Sponsored Links
We work to 2.5m, and usually end up using a plume management kit, angled at 45degrees rather than 90degrees from the wall (to give a 2.5m gap to the boundary), though the vapours still blow all over the shop anyway. :)

plume management is the best answer to the problem

fitz1 said:
water systems. :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have been told the following or different courses

1.2 mtrs
1.5 meters
2.0 meters
2.5 meters

so I give up and make sure its pointing direct into a neighbouring window ;)

You have to listen to what is being defined when anyone quotes a distance.

In simple terms, and in this order:-

Dont cause any nuisance.

Fit at least 2.5 m from boundary ( proposed building regs. )

Fit at least 600 mm from opposing wall ( GSUR minimum )

Even fitting a plume management kit does not absolve you latter two but may absolve you from the first.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back