Anyone recognise this old panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time poster so hello all- an old panel from 70's or 80's, does anyone have a manufacturer and model, or even better have an engineers manual please?View media item 72498Any info gratefully received.
Many thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
Well, its a 2 zone fire alarm and the name is possibly underneath the labels?

Is there anything on the PCB inside?

Assuming there is a pcb and its not just a box of relays.

Well, its a 2 zone fire alarm and the name is possibly underneath the labels?
It's NOT a fire alarm, it's an old intruder alarm that, unfortunately, I can't remember the make.

Note the BSI 4737

Sparky will be along soon though. ?

Sorry no idea ! Lol
Was brought up on old Bentley panels and British standards panels could be an old shorrock as they made there own stuff !

Sponsored Links
Sorry no idea ! Lol
Was brought up on old Bentley panels and British standards panels could be an old shorrock as they made there own stuff !
No, not a Shorrock or Bentley, I'll sleep on it I expect, be back tomorrow, hopefully.

PS

A & G possibly, not sure.

Any way, back to the original question.

A manual should not be necessary for this 35ish year old panel.

What can't you work out?

Have a look inside, there is bound to be further markings inside the box on the PCB

JUST BE CAREFUL OF THE MAINS SUPPLY

A & G where the British standards panel ? Grey and black then beige and brown ones ?

Oops - yeah my mistake.

Methinks the op needs to answer the questions about the inside etc.

Thanks for the replies everyone- much appreciated. Reason for asking is that I need to decommission it and want make sure that I do it cleanly without tripping tampers etc- especially as there is a massive bell just below the panel.

It doesn't appear to be battery backed (ie the LEDs don't stay lit when the mains is dropped), but I can't get to the bell box for the moment - at least until I get a decent length ladder (and its not peeing down of course).

A project for the weekend.....

Just open the box, the tamper will trip, turn the to ON then back to TEST, "silence is golden"

Please have a look at the PCB and post any markings you see, I expect I will have the manual, but need a little help in tracking it down.

The manuals of the time we are looking at with this panel very rarely had pictures of the panel as each came with its own set of instructions.

I'm at a complete loss to understand why you should be frightened of the decommissioning.

Pull the mains supply, open box, remove battery, cut all cables, duh.

PLEASE, PLEASE, be aware of the MAINS supply

Landfill !

Unfortunately NOT!

The enclosure should go in the metal recycling bin, the rest in the electronics section where they chuck the rest to be recycled.

None of it should end up in landfill these days. (WEEE).

But yes the whole thing needs powering down and replacing with something a tad better than relays in a box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back