Anyone recommend a Router for Kitchen Worktops

If you take a small block of wood and groove it to suit the rail and drill two holes for the guide bars then you compatability.

Sponsored Links
Pretty sure I've seen some 3rd party bracket on ebay that does this.......

Makita make a guide rail adaptor for their routers and their guide rails. The Makita guide rail is compatible with Festool saws/rails (I use a TS55 on a mixture of Festool, Metabo and Makita guide rails)

The big Bosch (GOF2000) also has a guide rail adaptor available for it which can run on the older Bosch rails. The GOF2000 can use the fence and rods off a deWalt DW625 (10mm diameter) and the "hump" that the guide rail adaptor uses is the same size on the old Bosch rails and the Makita/Festool rails

What this means is that I use a Festool OF1000 router with a Festool guide rail adaptor on a Bosch FSN140 guide rail in the workshop (that rail is not TS55 compatible - the anti-splinter is in the wrong place) and a deWalt DW625 with a Bosch guide rail adaptor on a Festool FS 1400/2 guide rail out on site.

BTW my recommendation for routers would be either a DW625 or the big Makita - both pretty bulletproof although the dust extraction isn't in Festool's league. 1600 watts is really a bit puny for worktops, at least if you are trying to earn money at it

An electric brake is very useful when your moving in and out of worktop jigs,
The 1/2" makita does a good job

Sponsored Links
I have opted for the makita rp2301 with case at 230 thought this was reasonably priced and I will purchase one of those rail adapters for sure.

Thanks for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back