ANyone tried a screwfix kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im soon going to be renovating my kitchen, installing the units myself etc. I was wondering if anyone had tried the range of kitchen units and doors etc that screwfix sells? Theyre ridiculously cheap, and I suspect probably made in such a way as to reflect this - but thought Id ask.

Cheers
Rob Irons

Sponsored Links
you're too early - i'm planning to use the screwfix flatpack on my next kitchen job (f/c nov/dec this yr).

the key in choosing for me is - can i get all the necessary base units to meet the kitchen needs - i've not put the screwfix range to this test yet.

other than that i feel they look pretty good for the money.

i use screwfix a lot for all things when they are competitive on price and have never been disappointed.

HI
used a screwfix flatpack recently in a chalet, have now also done three others - one wickes one mfi, one unknown from ebay

screwfix flatpack - fine, all the visible fixings were placed so they could not be seen ( the wicked kitchen had the cams visible underneath !, it was very well made, and sent up well, with no problems.

suggest that you invest in some polyurethane glue ( cones in tubes like silicon) which is quick drying, and once set provide phenominal strength, if you do that prety much all cabinets go together and stay together.

if you go with the screwfix remember to ensure that you order all you need, as you cannot easily order an extra unit if you decide on another one being needed due to minimium orders

summary - one of the better flatpacks, but like all be prepared to invest a bit of time ensuring that its well put together

Hey -

Thanks for the replies guys, thought I wasnt going to get any for a while there!

How would you say they compare with the IKEA faktum kitchens? The fact I can only order 8 minimum is a bit of a bummer as I was hoping to order most of the units from IKEA and then use a screwfix belfast sink unit.....

Cheers
Rob

Sponsored Links
sorry but i can't help on both counts.

i've not used IKEA and i've not put in a belfast sink.

i note in the screwfix book that the belfast sink (42322) needs a bespoke sink base which sends a little alarm bell to me - i don't like to mix and match from different suppliers - tends to make life difficult. It also says it’s not suitable for laminate worktops (which is what I use) – presume it needs solid wood.

i would ring screwfix and speak to their technical to get peace of mind before ordering.

Just don't expect to be able to get the screws or fixings you need from there. :rolleyes:

Honestly, my local branch in Cannock stock everything, except screws and fixings!

But if you're placing an advance order, that wont be an issue.

Hi, we are due to have our screfix kitchen fitted tomorrow, i was googling to find out if they are any good! Maybe have done that in the wrong order...

We have the freestyle white gloss one, sat in the garage, delivered assembled, can let you know how it goes if you like. Fingers crossed!

If you'd like to come round & chisel off floor tiles which were set down in concrete you are welcome to view the kitchen!

Seriously though I will post back..

mini26 - How did your screwfix kitchen turn out?

Were you pleased with the build quality of the units?

Any delamination on doors adjoining the oven?

I have been looking at Screwfix pre-assembled cream gloss ... they look very good value 'on paper', but its a shame their is no way of seeing any sample units before buying.

Well I did say I would report back, just didn't realise it would be nearly 2 years later!

We have been very pleased with all aspects of Screwfix kitchen, all still in great condition to this day, minor point is the inside of the cupbaords seem to mark easily but that I can live with.

Points from the fitter, end panels come in one size and had to be cut to size for wall units.

Cupboard doors by th eoven hav ebeen absolutley fine, we don'[t have a fitted oven though, it's a range style tightly fitted though absolutely no sign of heat damage, with our last MFI kitchen the neighbouring cupboards started peeling, is that what you mean?

If I think of anything else I'll let you know, we paid extra for quiet closing fittings, well worth it, our overall price was about £3000 cheaper than elsewhere, I don't believe we would have been paying more for quality in that has stood up well to daily use/childrens use, easy to clean too :D

Any questions, do ask I'll do my best to reply

Thanks for the update mini26, all sounds very good.

You have eliminated any doubt I had over purchasing from Screwfix without being able to even see a sample ....

The Screwfix units are roughly the same price as B+Q IT flat pack, but you get pre-assembled and soft close, and colur matched carcases ... its almost too good to be true!!

Yes, it was the oven area 'door skin peeling' as you have answered (I have read a few bad reviews of this on B+Q gloss doors, and have the same on my older kitchen). Seems a potential issue with gloss doors ...

I asked Screwfix who manufacture their kitchens - they told me they were supplied by the PJH group. On investigation they make Prima Kitchens:
http://www.primakitchens.co.uk/homepage.php
which do match the range offered by Scvrewfix.

Did you need end panels? Or were the base units colour matched to the doors (not such an issue with white I guess) ?

Thanks again for your report ... put my mind at rest before spending a similar amount ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back