anyone with experience of Warmworld boilers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was called up last week to look at a fault on this combi boiler. I don't usually do repairs but the woman said she had fallen out with the original installer and she was desperate to get it fixed.

I went to have a look and found this problem. If the heating is off and you turn on the tap the boiler doesn't fire up. The divertor does move. When the roomstat is turned up then the boiler fires and we get hot water.

So Im thinking the fact that in hot water mode its not firing up means its not getting the call for heat. Im assuming either the divertor microswitch or the PCB is faulty. She told me the PCB was replaced last year....

The boiler is listed as G.C No 47 555 03 http://www.warmworld.co.uk/boiler-manuals/Warmworld Combination Boiler.pdf

Sponsored Links
I assume this is an imported rebadged unit?

I would suggest you check that the diverter fully operates all the switches.

Next check both NTCs ( and any DHW O/H stat ).

If that does not fix it then come back for next suggestion.

Tony

Agile said:
I assume this is an imported rebadged unit?

I would suggest you check that the diverter fully operates all the switches.

Next check both NTCs ( and any DHW O/H stat ).

If that does not fix it then come back for next suggestion.

Tony

Thanks for the tips Tony. I wondered if one of the microswitches was faulty, but didn't have time to check the other night.
The units are sold direct from an outlet in Bristol. When I called their technical support number on Friday I was told he was out on a job!

Sponsored Links
Perhaps Potterton/Baxi dont answer their phones because their engineer is out fixing their boilers ?

Replaced the diverter valve and it seems to be working ok now. Was a bit awkward to remove so allow a couple of hours if you ever need to do one of these!

Perhaps Potterton/Baxi dont answer their phones because their engineer is out fixing their boilers ?

Perhaps Ideal dont answer their phones because their engineer is out washing her hair?

Now you be nice to her!

She is a very clever lady with a PhD and she knows a bit about boilers too ! She might even worry Alan Sims sometimes!

Maybe she will be at the interbuild today ( Tuesday ) when I wander round!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back