Help :( Ideal S24 hot water issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have an Ideal S24 boiler on a honeywell pcb and honeywell timer. System is a good 15 years old.
Worked fine until last week, when the heating and hot water failed, managed to get the central heating running by replacing the Fan and draining system and refilling. Now we have no hot water.
The diverter valve box moves when the mains power switch is turned on, but when you put the heating on to boost or constant it is not firing up and the diverter doesnt move.
Have looked at the pcb and can see a scorch mark near one of the black boxes with a code of 161sed048uhb-t could this be our issue, and if so can i get a replacement and solder or am i looking at a new pcb.
The missus got the water to fire up a short while ago by turning off at the mains and putting water onto constant she let it run for 10mins but when she turned it off and onto the boost setting 'nothing' no movement on diverter, not boiler firing up.
Im at a loss!!
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You're not going to get much help on here with that I'm afraid - the Forum Rules state that advice can't be given on gas safety related work and you've already replaced the fan yourself, which is very much a gas safety related issue. The only advice available now is that a scorched PCB may indicate another failed component, and you should put the case back on your boiler and call a Gas Safe Registered engineer to diagnose the fault, or alternatively call Ideal who will offer you a fixed-price repair service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back