Anything worth fitting? Some ideas please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to take the opportunity to fit any additional waste outlets to my home before external insulation is fitted. I have an old vent pipe which I believe was for an old heating system and is unused and the outside vent is currently sealed which could easily be used to fit any pipework to the outside.

However, ATM I have a washing machine and a dishwasher fitted and don't know whether there is anything else that I might in the future wish to fit. I cannot think of anything else that would require any drainage but I might be unaware of things which could become useful.

Therefore, does anyone know of anything which needs a drain connection or that I could fit through this pipe which is 9" in diameter?

Sponsored Links
lol I don't want the insulation done and then find out that there was a pipe that needs fitting. It's best if it's done before the work is done.

I cannot think of anything but there could be some new fangled device that needs it, hence my request for ideas.

If it hasnt been invented yet I dont think I would bother too much. :confused:

Sponsored Links
lol I don't want the insulation done and then find out that there was a pipe that needs fitting. It's best if it's done before the work is done.

I cannot think of anything but there could be some new fangled device that needs it, hence my request for ideas.

If it hasnt been invented yet I dont think I would bother too much. :confused:
It looks like I am approaching this from the wrong end :confused: A post to a different appliance forum might get me the ideas I am looking for as no one in this forum seem to have any ideas.

It might of been invented, ie available, but I might not of thought about it. I only use the basics ATM, freezer, washing machine and dishwasher. There must be more kitchen appliances other than those, I need to know what they are, so I can work out if I might ever fit them.

How condescending :!:
We are full of ideas on this forum, but being psychic or seeing things in crystal balls does not come under the heading 'Having Ideas'. :rolleyes:
Pick up an appliance catalogue and see which need drainage to find out what has been invented that no-one told you about.

Have, not of, by the way; might HAVE, might not HAVE.

[quote="ICanDoItWell";p="2803461.................It might`ve been invented, ie available, but I might not`ve thought about it. I only use the basics ATM, freezer, washing machine and dishwasher. There must be more kitchen appliances other than those, I need to know what they are, so I can work out if I might ever fit them.[/quote] Colonic Irrigation machine :idea: Water Softener :idea: Waste Disposal ( in sink erator) :idea: Outlet for condensing boiler :idea:

Colonic Irrigation machine
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Why not pre drill half a dozen holes through the wall "just in case"
or why not re-post when you are sober?? :rolleyes:

Sluice machine.

And, by the way, Automated Teller Machines do not need drainage.

I have invented a wall hung tumble drier.... It is just like a floor standing tumble drier but with very long screws.

How about a cat door for a cat that smokes the same stuff as the OP?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back