apollo fanfare replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an apollo fanfare 15/30 si with an open vented system . The clock has stopped workingand is broken around the casing , i also have had a problem with i think the hot thermostat... the boiler will start and run for approx 1 hr then turn off , it will only turn back on when it is completely cold , normally after 4 hrs or so .
Question is do i have the boiler repaired or do i go for a new one . currently it is warming 7 radiators around the house. If so what would be the best system and roughly what would it cost to replace, regards, Steve.

Sponsored Links
In my opinion (and there are lots of others) I'd have a nice new combi fitted, bearing in mind an average combi will supply one hot outlet at a time, comfortably. Plus you'd need to check your cold mains flow/pressure first.

You could also have a direct replacement for your current boiler.

Lastly, repair your current one. It may last a while longer and it may not.

As far as cost goes get a couple of quotes, ideally from someone recommended by a friend or family member.

Also would i be able to fit an external timer, to replace the existing broken one , if so what sort of thing would i need , cheers, Steve. ie remote , wired ?

You can fit any remote timer there are loads of them available but some are really over complicated so choose one that is suited to whoever is going to be using it, I recommend the ACL Draytons as they are pretty simple to programme and operate but as I said there are loads out there

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back