Appleby bulkhead light fitting

sparkwright, in case you need some in the future.
I have found some that are virtually identical to the old appleby ones, with plenty of room in the end for wiring and proper old style knockouts for 20mm conduit.
In fact they look as if the Glass shade may even fit the now obsolete Appleby fittings, though I have not yet had the opportunity to try.
The only drawback is they are a porcelain ES lamp holder, though a porcelain BC lamp holder is a straight swap fit and the lampholders are available via wholesalers or ebay
The fittings are made by Ansell and most suppliers can get them in as a special.
https://www.electricalcounter.co.uk...W/2133418977?gclid=CJH_g7yY_9MCFUONGwod49AK6g

Sponsored Links
There's one at a local church that is older than me.
Surely in that case it would have two exposed carbon electrodes?

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif

Sponsored Links
I did once hear they get lashed up to ballasts for cannabis growing due to the porcelein better for the high temperature of the lamps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back