Apprentice Plumber/Mate available in Surrey

J

joeread

I am 24 and to date I have achieved a level 2 & 3 technical certificate in basic & advanced plumbing, Im a hard working individual and am passionate about plumbing, I am looking to get plumbing experience in order to complete my city & guilds NVQ level 2&3 portfolio. I am available to work full time or part time and am happy to travel.

These are my current qualifications

Unvented Hot Water Certificate
Water Regulations (1999) Certificate
City & Guilds Level 3 Technical Certificate in Advanced Plumbing
City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate in Basic Plumbing
Plumbing Employee UK-PHMES CSCS Card (Green)
JIB-PMES Health and Safety Card

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am 24 and to date I have achieved a level 2 & 3 technical certificate in basic & advanced plumbing, Im a hard working individual and am passionate about plumbing, I am looking to get plumbing experience in order to complete my city & guilds NVQ level 2&3 portfolio. I am available to work full time or part time and am happy to travel.

These are my current qualifications

Unvented Hot Water Certificate
Water Regulations (1999) Certificate
City & Guilds Level 3 Technical Certificate in Advanced Plumbing
City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate in Basic Plumbing
Plumbing Employee UK-PHMES CSCS Card (Green)
JIB-PMES Health and Safety Card

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Joe son, there's 100s of good time-served ex-site Plumbers looking for jobs. No one takes on course cowboys anyway.
Take my advice, get yourself a job, any job. Wait a few years & try again.
There's no work out there.

To be honest im happy with whatever I get offered, im not into plumbing for the money I just really enjoy doing it, any little plumbing jobs thay people have im more than haforppy to do it for nothing because I see it as learning.

Sod it do like the rest and just go it alone got blokes that get work off me by under cutting me after doing a 6 week coarse. Everyone I meet is a plumber these days. Good luck.

Where are you?

How far are you willing to travel? I would be very suspicious of training anyone very close any more.

What do you live on at the moment?

What GCSEs, "A" levels, degrees etc do you have?

What GCSEs, "A" levels, degrees etc do you have?

Tony what has above got to do with being able to do gas work. Which of above do you have? If you want to know, I have none of above

I have many, some and one.

In order of attainment but not of usefulness.

NVQ? - furking useless. Much rather the government pay a small company like mine the money and have it done the old fashioned way. Current underling with NVQ3 ... wasted time. He hasn't learnt squat compared to my time the old fashioned way (albeit a shortened version).

Last underling to have NVQ3 was excellent - once we mentally deprogrammed him.

Making a very successful living oop north last I heard.

Dan, I have a reason to be up at this time. Are you sleepless for other reasons?

Have plenty bits of paper that I have collected over time, but what is important is getting the work done. If ones customers praise ones abilities, in my book that is a job well done. It is tits who talk but no action that gets my goat, like the builder I employed to build my garage. He started in April and had to be pushed, threatened and cajoled to complete- snagging still to do.

Good to see you posting again. Hope you don't do the disappearing act again.

Dan

Dan, I have a reason to be up at this time. Are you sleepless for other reasons?

Have plenty bits of paper that I have collected over time, but what is important is getting the work done. If ones customers praise ones abilities, in my book that is a job well done. It is **** who talk but no action that gets my goat, like the builder I employed to build my garage. He started in April and had to be pushed, threatened and cajoled to complete- snagging still to do.

Good to see you posting again. Hope you don't do the disappearing act again.

Dan

Aye, he's up polishing his degree!!

The way I view the Plumbing & Heating game and the staff we employ. Of course they need a good level of education, but Standard Grade 1s or 2s in English Maths & a Science is enough. This country is full of the educated poor, people with a 'degree' that think they are owed a living just cause they took a course!!

The best Tradesmen I know can hardly read or write. The most educated people I know are complete idiots, lovely people with daft left wing views, but completely bonkers.

There's no work out there for real Tradesmen, let alone CC/CCCs.

I took a potential trainee out after a plea from his mother!

I gave him a pipe slice and asked him to cut a 22 mm pipe at the marked place which I had already clipped onto the ceiling joist.

Five minutes later he was still doing it !

I went to see what he was doing and he was turning the pipe slice whilst allowing the pipe to also turn in the clips!

He was meant to have an NVQ ! I also discovered that he had failed his practical CCN1 a total of FOUR times!

I have found that trainees with degrees are more serious students. Also that those with science "A" levels more easily understand technical concepts. How can you explain combustion to anyone without a basic understanding of chemistry? Yet schools dont even normally teach chemistry as such but just a combined science GCSE.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back