Apprenticeships

Samadams said:
Err, I seem to have started a bit of a cyber brawl here!
Thanks for the tips folks, if you think of anyhing else(apart from going through the yellow pages ) i'm listening!

So you think i can just go ahead and apply for plumbing jobs with my NVQ level 2? Would it be best to come clean and say this is my first job etc?

I would say that being employed by someone is a great way of getting the experiance needed to really make a go of self employment.

I was the same as you when I started, I work on the hod to pay for may training up to HND, and came out with loads of paper but naff all experiance.

at my first interview I said that I had been out on my own for two years but could not make it pay.

this got me in, once in I had to work like billy O to stay in

as my dear old pappy (godresthissoul) used to say "qualifications open many many doors but it takes bloody hard graft to stay in the house"

Sponsored Links
dpa0082l.jpg

Sponsored Links
You learn something every day, I'd never thought of that. I live here

Precise and accurate information as always, Oilman. NOW I remember you. Took a picture of you at work the other day...
Ladder.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back