Appying Emulsion with a brush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I usually use a roller when using emulsion & get a good finish.
I have two small rooms to paint that have lots of fiddly bits, so I think a roller will be a waste of time (especially when it takes so long to clean rollers).
What I don't want is to see brush marks, is this unavoidable, is it possible to use a brush & get a good finish?
Ant tips / advice appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use a good quality synthetic brush and apply several well thinned coats instead of a couple of neat ones.

Sponsored Links
Have a look for micro fibre roller sleeves 9", Hamilton do a good one. Leaves a good clean finish. Probably B&Q or Homebase. If you have a local professional decorators trade store near you then Wooster pro dooz short pile (will need a Wooster frame for this). Use a good synthetic brush for cutting in 3".
when I was training we were made to use a 5" Hamilton brush to paint rooms, hard work.

You should`ve used a 6 incher ;) - thanks for the tip about micro fibre though - I need to keep up :oops:

I usually use a roller when using emulsion & get a good finish.
I have two small rooms to paint that have lots of fiddly bits, so I think a roller will be a waste of time (especially when it takes so long to clean rollers).
What I don't want is to see brush marks, is this unavoidable, is it possible to use a brush & get a good finish?
Ant tips / advice appreciated.
Thanks
I did leave a few comments on another thread - but the jist of it is - take the paint from a bucket not the tin , dip the tip of the bristles then tap once on the bucket side , then work fast and light with random strokes , keep a wet edge ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back