Aqua Board and dot and dab on plaster board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing our shower room and have removed the tiles and plaster board they were attached to. The walls are constructed with a baton top and bottom, a full length sheet of plasterboard, two sheets of plasterboard dot and dabbed then another full length sheet of plasterboard on the other side. Resulting in a wall 4 sheets thick. I was going to replace the plaster board I have removed from within the shower room with aqua board but have learnt it should not be direct bonded. I have read similar threads on this form but cannot fine one that matches my wall construction. As I see it have a couple of options but am not sure on the best approach; firstly, dot and dab the aqua board and secure through the adhesive with something like this http://www.screwfix.com/p/fischer-plasterboard-fixings-drill-10mm-pack-of-50/59210 or use moisture resistant PB and tank the shower.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Edd

Sponsored Links
I would be inclined to make a wooden frame, then screw the aqua board to that. I would strongly advise you not to bond aqua board using dot and dab.

Remember: Bathroom - Steam / Moisture.
Plus think about the weight of the tiles you will put onto that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back