Aquapanel for shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm in the process of ripping out a recessed shower enclosure that was leaking and the tiles were in need of updating. As I've took the tiles off the plasterboard underneath was destroyed and in some places black with mould. I'm going to replace the plasterboard with aquapanel then get a new tray with upstands and tile over this, then reseal with silicone and hopefully it will never leak again.

My question is this - I want to join the aquapanel and pb at the centre of the studs and secure with screws. I'm ripping off the old pb now but how do I cut it so I've got a straight line to join with the aquapanel whilst it's still on the wall?

Also the aquapanel instructions say to leave a 3mm gap between panels and fix with tape and adhesive, is this recommended for the join with the pb?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back