Are room Thermostats mandatory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Y-Plan setup - pumped, a cylinder thermo and a a rad thermostat on every rad in the house. I'm about to replace my very old programmer with a new one and was wondering whether you HAVE to have a room thermostat? What happens if I dont add one?

Sponsored Links
if you dont have one building control will send you to jail , take your house off you and condemn it , then knock it down and charge you for the demolition . They will crush your car , put your kids into care and force your wife to sell her body to fund any fines they can rig up to persecute you even further.(only joking)they wouldnt allow your wife to prositute herself, it would be against her human rights.

The building regs currently require one to be fitted, to prevent the boiler from firing when there is no real demand. Stops the boiler cycling?

If you don't add one, you will waste some money on the gasbills, and cause continued unnecessary wear and tear on your boiler. Apart from that, nothing.
The question is: why wouldn't you install a roomstat?

Sponsored Links
It's soliciting that's ilegal...er, that's what i was told anyway......i mean, the judge was very kind and all that.....

prostitution is not illegal....................

and neither is DIY gas work :evil: :evil:

prostitution is not illegal....................

and neither is DIY gas work :evil: :evil:
Sorry geez, but there is no law, at least not in this country, that says either one is illegal.
It is illegal to prostitute women in the sense of pimping. It just so happens that I have 4 girlfriends who just happen to rent rooms from me. As I am very open minded, I don't mind that they have sex with other people. As long as they pay the rent.

I was taken to see this street in Brum, by this very large policewoman, called Cheddars Road in Brum where the girls put themselves in the front windows.

The street had been blocked off at the far end so the only reasons to go down it were if you were lost or went to see the girls. The police used to wait for a motorist to come out and stop and take his details.

This thread is about a room stat not an unvented!

Tony

I was taken to see this street in Brum, by this very large policewoman, called Cheddars Road in Brum where the girls put themselves in the front windows.

The street had been blocked off at the far end so the only reasons to go down it were if you were lost or went to see the girls. The police used to wait for a motorist to come out and stop and take his details.

This thread is about a room stat not an unvented!

Tony
Not anymore. :D
It's about friendly girls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back