Are room Thermostats mandatory?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
bengasman a rad with two lockshields is not an interlock! :eek: :rolleyes: How would that stop the boiler firing when the house has reached temperature i.e no demand?

What you describe is a bypass rad typically located closest to the roomstat.

Baxi solo he for example has a flow switch as an interlock so no roomstat reqd although I would recommend one.

bengasman a rad with two lockshields is not an interlock! :eek: :rolleyes: How would that stop the boiler firing when the house has reached temperature i.e no demand?
How can be there be no demand when there is always a rad open?
Without a roomstat, the house will never reached the "desired" temperature (from a technical point of view, not comfort level) as it is infinite.
I did say it was ass about face.

by using a rad with 2 lockshields how is that enabling greater efficency?

having a boiler interlock does.

Blind leading the blind springs to mind , :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Amazing how many think room stat is only way .....feking basic :rolleyes:

Johnd regard it a your homework for the weekend after all you are self taught so should have no problem finding the numerous ways of providing an interlock ;)

I had a look and I don't know what else to look for.

It seems to me that I am looking for a way of preventing a boiler firing, when there is no call for heat. I don't know what to look for if it can be done without a room stat, or a device that includes a room stat

The easiest and most common way other than a room stat. Is a boiler flow switch As the last trv closes there is no flow so the boiler switches off as does the pump as is fitted on some suprimas, baxi solo /megaflo .
There are far more expensive and complcated ways of controlling each and every room.

The easiest and most common way other than a room stat. Is a boiler flow switch As the last trv closes there is no flow so the boiler switches off as does the pump as is fitted on some suprimas, baxi solo /megaflo .
so with the pump off, what causes it to re-start when the rooms get cold again?

PCB . checks at set intervals same as it can also have a pump over run , clever thing electronics

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back