Ariston 23 MFFI combi Hot Start Problem

The APS is not sticking.
What's happening is that hot air is less dense than cold air, so the venturi (which develops the vacuum that operates the APS) works less efficiently, so the APS fails to operate until the boiler has cooled a bit.
The venturi needs cleaning but this is a CORGI job. You've been in CORGI territory for a while already so I can't advise you further. It would probably be cheaper (and certainly quicker) to get it fixed properly than to mess with it yourself.

Sponsored Links
Being an electrical engineer I was happy to fault find all the while the problem appeared electrical, but if this leads me anywhere near the gas bit of the boiler then that is the point I happily step down and let the experts in.

You explanation (croydoncorgi) sounds reasonable (from my 'O' level physics days) so its time for a service to get the venturi looked at.

thanks for all your help everyone

Went to one of these which had been "serviced by Ariston" a few days before, but I reckon the case had NEVER been off the combustion chamber, let alone recently. It's a bloudy awful design. they glue the things together instead of using foam like everyone(?) else. Fan was fluffy which gave startup problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back