Ariston A/23 MFFI Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please.. My ariston A/23 MFFI boiler runs fine but my downstairs radiators have decided to stay cold. Meanwhile the upstairs seem ok.Had British Gas in three times balanced your system new pump sir all good. One week later same problem. Been told to switch off thermostats on upstairs to force water round system still no joy. Can anyone with knowledge of above shed some light ..thanks :?:

Sponsored Links
Is it losing pressure at all?.If not then maybe pump is playing up,if its been balanced then unless anyone turns the non trv end(lock shield) then it should stay balanced,is there ever air in any rads

No problems with pressure nor air in radiators. New pump fitted 10 days ago working brilliant til yesterday when for no reason downstairs rads run cold. Had pump tested today and is running fine. :?:

Clearly BG with their 5500 engineers available should be able to sort it out for you if you have a service contract.

It could be stuck TRVs, blockages ( even in a clean looking system! ) etc.

On the spot a good heating engineer should sort it out quickly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I agree but with three BG boys down the line and two local corgi lads been and gone its head scratching time. Theres talk of a system clean out under pressure is this necessary or are there other avenues to be explored :?:

If you've shut the upper rads and the lower don't get hot (ie the boiler just goes off, does it do that?) that's a proper blockage. Odd that it should appear so suddenly, but you never know what's in the pipes.

Tony reckons he can sort it quickly - better get him round with his crystal balls then!

You could always take off a downstairs rad.

Then open each valve at a time into a bucket and see what comes out!

Tony

The blockage isn't getting to any one of the rads though - they're all cold.

The blockage isn't getting to any one of the rads though - they're all cold.
Dunno if I have accidentally had another one of those i'mgonnabeabitthicktoday pills but I cant make sense of that :rolleyes:

When the pump was changed did you re-open the isolation valves fully and make sure the pump is the right way round?

When the upstairs rads are turned off on the TRV's, the boiler continues to cut on and off topping the temperature up.Its only briefly on as it would appear that the system is hot . Actually its not like i say the rads downstairs stay cold , is it possible this could be a sensor or the like creating this situation :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back