Ariston Margherita 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP! Ariston Margherita 2000,approx 6 years old,programmer constantly rotating, and pump pulsing! functions seem to be ok apart from this, put it onto spin only and it works fine but once finnished programme selector starts turning and clicking! Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Count the flashes on the light while the dial is rotating. The number of flashes corresponds to an error code.

Sleepyhead said:
Count the flashes on the light while the dial is rotating. The number of flashes corresponds to an error code.

Hi the light flashes twice, but the manual i have does not tell you what this means, The machine fills ok and empties but doesnt seem to like it!!the pump seams to strain,and yet i have checked it and its ok(bench test)

According to the information I've seen on these machines, 2 flashes means:

F02 Motor jammed or tachogenerator detached

But if it is still spinning OK that would not seem to be the case. Typically when the tacho magnet comes loose the machine tries to go briefly to fast spin whenever the motor is turned on but the electronics then shut it down when no feedback signal is detected.

Sponsored Links
dont think this is the problem,
The machine seems to operate ok to a point then just starts clicking on the selector,
If you select spin on its owm it does this butinstead of just stoping when its finished the selctor keeps clicking round!

Another Indesit produced machine. The electronics on these machines are notoriously unreliable.
It's reporting a fault with the motor. Check the carbon brushes, uneven wear can cause the electronics to throw up faults.
If they look ok and you're sure it's not the motor you're going to have to enlist the help of the manufacturer. Check their website for warranty information if your machine is less than 5 years old as some appliances come with 5 year parts warranty.

I had the exact same problem and I managed to fix it. I spent ages looking for a solution online, but found only one so I gave it a try.

So I'm just sharing because i know how frustrating it is to not have your washing machine work.

It wasn't very hard to fix, you just need to open the back of the machine and disconnect all the connectors to the circuit board.

http://cinnamonvision.blogspot.com/2010/08/ariston-washerdryer-fault.html

Hi Jonylim

Unable to add thanks to your message but you have saved me (and my husband) no end of trouble with your link.

Many thanks for persevering. :p

Hi Debpar,

I'm happy to hear that it helped!

I know it can be expensive to purchase a new machine or have it repaired.

All the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back