Ariston MicroCondens Combi 27 MFFI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I've just moved into a house with an Ariston MicroCondens Combi 27 MFFI fitted with a Salus RT500RF thermostat.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to get any hot water (or radiators). There is no error message only a flashing LED which indicates that the burner is off. The boiler is not drawing any gas either. I've adjusted the water pressure so it's now at 1.5 bar. Everything seems to be working as it should except for the fact that the boiler is not firing.

I don't want to spend money on calling out an engineer if it's something simple I can fix myself. Is there likely to be a conflict between the external thermostat and the on board timer or am I missing something stupidly obvious?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
sounds like it needs resetting, cant remember how to do it on these. have you tried turning it off and on again? :)

is the gas on? is there a red neion and a green neon on the receiver box. is there a little flame flickering on the sender unit?

many questions!

Tried the turning it off and on again technique but no luck. There is a reset button on the front of the boiler and on the thermostat both have been pressed.

The gas is on as the hob in the kitchen is working. However there is a gas fire in the lounge that doesn't seem to be working. Is there any likelihood of a second gas cock somewhere?

The two lights are working on the reciever and the flame is flickering on the sender unit.

I don't mind the questions if it gets me some hot water!

there is a gas cock under the boiler. have you tried that?
the thermostat wouldnt affect the hot water anyway.

Sponsored Links
Have you bought the house? Ask the seller!

Are you the tennant? Ask the Landlord!

Tony

It's a bit of a complicated situation with the seller. They buy houses for cash from people with cashflow issues and then do whatever work is necessary before selling them on. We've asked them various questions that they can't answer because they've never lived in the house.

As for the gas cock under the boiler it is in the 'on' position so I didn't really consider it part of the problem. Is there any chance it could've been installed incorrectly?

A flashing light on a boiler is virtually always an indication of a fault or lockout situation.

If the seller is anything like someone I have met in London then they will have protected themselves.

But normally if a faulty appliance is not disclosed to the buyer then it becomes the sellers responsibility to pay the cost of the repair. However, to claim on this basis the purchasor will normally have to advise them within a few days unless there is a very good excuse why that was not possible.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back