Ariston Microgenus II Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the forums so be kind! :LOL:

Last year i had an Ariston Microgenus II combi boiler fitted, as we didn't have the room for it, it was placed in the Loft. After it was installed i realised that the boiler has a mechanical clock fitted to it, which is great if its located in your kitchen, but not so great when you need to clamber up and down from the loft to change the on/off times.

What i really want to know is if this clock can be removed/disabled? And replaced with a 7 day electronic timer, preferably with a "boost" button. This would likely be placed in the kitchen.

I live in an upper floor flat, and the kitchen is almost directly below where the boiler is located.

If anyone knows of approx costs also, that would be great

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Very easy to do.

Leave the mech clock in place and set to constant on. Fit a programmable room stat in the place of your current room stat. If needs be you could alwasy fit a wireless on.

Easy to do your self. Programmable room stat probably around £70 -£90.

Thanks, i dont have a room stat at all, only ones fitted to the rads. The heating currently can only be controlled from the boiler :confused:

Thanks again

In that case you had a cheap and illegal installation last year :rolleyes:

Your easiest option is to go for a programmable wireless stat such as the Honeywell 927 or the Seimens REV23RF.

The reciver unit will just wire under the boiler, whilst the stat is battery operated.

Still a piece of p**s to fit:cool:

Sponsored Links
Hi...I too have the same boiler but it the only way of controlling it is by the TRVs or the level on the boiler...this sounds fantastic thankyou. I did not know it was illegal to fit without!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back