Ariston Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering upgrading my ancient open vent system with a combi boiler.

I have selected the Ariston MicroGenus as a good candidate for the upgrade, in terms of price / performance, plus they offer installation training not far from where I live.

Has anyone here had any experience with those boilers? Are they reliable? Quiet enough to install in a kitchen / dining room?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
i too was considering one of these until i saw it was only d rated

I was under the impression that going to C band and higher implied getting a condensing boiler, have you found a non condensing model that is C rated?

In terms of efficiency, any modern boiler should be a huge improvement over my 20+ year old system, so I am more concerned with the reliability in my selection process. Granted they come with a 2 year warranty, but I would prefer to avoid breakdowns in the middle of winter... :LOL:

The only weakness I have heard so far about Ariston models is their expansion vessel has a tendency to die prematurely especially if the CH system pressure isn't maintained at the appropriate level.

Sponsored Links
Ariston sure as hell won't train you if you aren't corgi reg!! They're standard OK boilers. No paticular probls with any part of them - I bet they don't make their own pressure vessels.
Look first at hot water delivery figures.
You will probably need a new gas pipe.
You would be a dork not to get your system power-flushed before switching to a combi system,after all the pipework mods are done. Then you should make sure the flux is flushed out from when the pipes are joined to the new combi, ideally, or at least the contamination minimised - there are ways. Then the system will still need corrosion inhibitor.
I keep seeing "switches" resulting in a sludged up combi in a year or two. This is never covered by a gtee.

You will need to be sure you know HOW to convert the system to a combi one - get a heating guy in up front - and pay him for his time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back