Ariston microsystem 21/28 pilot light not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A mate of mine has a problem with one of these boilers. The pilot light won't come on. I understand the guy servicing it has changed the ignitor, the PCB and the air pressure switch. Pilot light still won't ignite. I gather the top two lights are on, but the bottom one isn't and pressing the ignition switch does nothing.The guy gave up at this point.

He's thinking of ringing Ariston to find out who can do this locally, but he would like to know what is likely to be the fault from the point of how much more it's going to cost to fix.

Sponsored Links
does this guy know how to fix a boiler? id get your mate to get someone who knows what there doing. what 2 top lights are on?

Nath

I have my doubts TBH.

The lights that are lighting up are the top two - on/off and heating active.

Sponsored Links
well has he checked the basics is there a demand for heating? if the heating is on the there has to be a demand from somewhere. does it have an inbuilt clock? room stat turned up. system pressure 1.5 bar. if yes does pump run does fan run does boiler spark if yes to all them then does he get voltage to gas valve is gas coming to valve? if no voltage then go to pcb

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back