Ariston Washing Machine dial keeps turning mid cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Sorry if this has been asked before I have searched but found no specific answers.

I have an Ariston Marherita 2000 AWD10 Advantage washer/dryer,a few weeks ago the dryer was making the clothes wetter than after the spin.Not too much of a problem as we dont use the dryer a lot!Now the wash gets to the rinse/spin part of the program and the dial starts clicking round constantly and the light flashes.We have tried to catch it at the point it stops and the light seems to flash 6 times.
Can anyone please tell me what this means and if there is an easy solution?I dont really want to pay someone to come and tell me its not worth fixing!
Please help its driving the missus nuts and with 3 kids and us both working its proving to be a major problem!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Mocavie,

On the front of the machine at the bottom there's a removable panel (it's tricky to remove but gentle prying and you'll figure it out).

Once removed you'll see a round screw out disc on the right hand side. This is the coin trap - it's a right pain in the bum because it's so close to the floor that it's impossible to get anything under it to catch the water that will escape when you unscrew it so have plenty of newspaper handy to absorb the water.

Unscrew coin trap and check for anything in there. Usually the whole program will fail to start if there's something large enough fouling the machine but it can affect just the spin cycle.

Failing that, the only other thing that springs to mind is the waste water pump could be failing which could explain why the dryer isn't drying. If the pump is failing then the machine won't start the spin cycle because it can't expel the water properly. However, I would have thought this would also affect the main cycle too.

Good luck

Fred.

Cheers Fred

Will have a go in a minute and let u know how I fare

Thanks again

Mo

Thank you Fred you are a star!!!

Had forgotton all about coin trap having not done it for years!
I got £3.17,20 cents,2 kiddies rings an ankle bracelet and a few bits of french chalk (Welders tools,my fault!).Now seems to be working fine,missus is over the moon and I owe you a beer if I ever meet you!

Cheers mate :D :D :D :D

Mo

PS if you ever need any advice on welding call on me!!
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Ha ha, no worries mocavie.

Just glad I could be of some use - it's nice to put something back in (even if it is only a teeney weeney bit of help) after all the information and help I have drawn from this forum.

Regards

Fred.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back