aritech alarm system

Dear Breezer, I have just wired a contact as you described and set it up as an entry exit zone. (I’m only trying things out working off my desk!). It itself worked perfectly but I’m getting an error message “Bus Tamp” and I have to arm the system via the force arm facility. It’s not the lid tamper as I had that covered. As the system stands I have all the other zones disabled in the engineers menu. and have also applied resistors across each set of zones (although two of them are of a different resistance see previous post)I am not providing any tamper zone and still don’t know how the tamper system operates on this system. Thanks for all your time and help. Sarah

Sponsored Links
bus is probably also known as the data line.

the only thing you will probably have on the data line is the keypad, so i should assume the keypad back tamper is not held in, which it wont be if you have the keypad sitting on your table.

next one will be bell tamper, most Aritech panels have a drawing in the lid showing connections, you will also need to link the bell tamper return out, unless you have done this already

so i should assume the keypad back tamper is not held in, which it wont be if you have the keypad sitting on your table.

It is! Anyway that comes up as keypad tamper.

next one will be bell tamper, most Aritech panels have a drawing in the lid showing connections, you will also need to link the bell tamper return out, unless you have done this already

How do I do this, does it relate to the connections after the zones which you so smartly described as 'bell' :)

I still dont understand exactly (or even remotly) how the tamper works. I can understand the principal of a global tamper but how does this system operate on eack individual zone? Does it work over the two zone wires? I came across something called dual loop in the engineers zone setup menu. Any connection?

This bus tamper has me rightly confused, I have a resistor in place on the first two terminals of the last terminal block (to the right of the zones) which i was asking you about. If I remove this , I get an "Ext Tamp"

See ya tomorrow,
Sarah.

Aritech is not number 1 on the popular list, they are number 2 on the alkward list.

as i said bus is also the data line, so if its not a keypad tamper, try putting a 4k7 resistor across the data line itself.

the other thing does the keypad have any ccts in it?

how it works:

your panel is set to measure the resistance of a cct, if it sees only one resistor, everything is fine, if a device operates it sees 2 resistors, so if set it goes into alarm, if it sees an open cct that is tamper.

how come you got the panel anyway? (dont want to know from where or who) was it working when it came out?

Sponsored Links
Not sure on aritechs.

Looked for bell tamper?
Has it got a comms unit? Check if it needs a phone line?
I assume zones tampers show as a zone tamper?
Is their a facility to relearn the attached network devices? Possibly it see's one as missing, such as a second keypad or zone expander etc?

www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk is a good site for this - I am sure someone there has worked with aritechs.

how come you got the panel anyway? (dont want to know from where or who) was it working when it came out?

In other words, why the f**k didn't you leave it there any not be annoying my head about the silly thing :)

Seriously it was working fine, the building it had previously been installed in for about 2 years is being tossed.

Yes there is a comms / phonedialer setup on the board which i don’t seem to be able to disable in the menus i'll try that, there are 4 connections two are marked with a 'post and telegraph' icon. the other with a phone. Why is there four? our telephone systems only have two wires.

Don’t think any zone expanders, second keypad etc. were installed before. It was only a very basic system comprising of 2 detectors (on the one zone) But i'll look in a 'relearn facility. I did however do a full factory reset on the panel when i got it.

Yes zone tampers show as zone tampers ( i still don’t know how they work)

How do i put a resistor across the dataline? the keypad is a simple three wire system +/- supply and a third wire with a three line symbol.

re: a bell tamp, i don’t know i have a 4k7 resistor in place on the first two terminals of the last set of connector block (see photograph) There is a symbol of a hammer or something on it. If i remove this i get an 'ext tamp'

reason i asked was i am trying to figure out how old it is / more about it, because i can not find out anything specific about your exact panel, but having said that Aritech have a manufacturing place in Ireland, so perhaps it was made by them for Ireland?

I wouldn't worry about the built in dialer, you disable that in programming, but it has 4 wires for total line seizure, basicaly if it needs to phone out it cuts all the phone lines off in the house to do it, but it has to be wired right to do that and few people do.

I should also not worry about the resistor on the data line, your panels bigger brothers have 4 wires, yours only 3.

I still think it is looking for something that is not there, have you given it a total restart? that way it learns Everyhting it has, and does not look for somemthing it hasnt.

Or failing that put it on an auction site and get something easier to operate

Dear Breezer,
Yes you were right, bus is also know as data line which is the keypad. I sent an e-mail to a company in dublin who told me to go to install prefs. in the engineer menu and then do an engineer tamp reset. this worked and the system worked perfectly. But you'll never guess, i accidently operated the keypad tamper and subsequently had to dealt the panel to clear that tamper (option in the engineers menu) when the system reinstalled i exited out of the engineers menu by mistake without entering a user or engineer code. The panel went into alarm and now i'm stuck!
Time to throw it out?

tryed it! no sucess. But when i got this first i had no user / engineer codes. I somehow managed to reset it. (no idea :) ) must have involved connecting some wires inside (cant have been too complicated though) or maybe just fluke. If i intermittantly touch the keypad + wire off it's connecter (probably not the best thing to be doing) i get the message "please install press no + #" this is what lit up the first time too. But when i do it now it just goes back into it's origional state of alarm. There must be default user / engineer codes! :confused:

SORRY BREEZER :)

It worked, Amazed i hadn't tried that one.
The engineer code was 1278
Thanks for all you help
Sarah.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back