As Parents Would You Be Shocked If You Children/Family Told You They Were Gay???

Sadly, still too many people are still shocked and in denial about this especially if the child tells their parents they are gay.
Happened to a friend. His son had been away for the weekend, and on his return seemed a changed person. He later confessed to his dad he had gone to the Labour party convention and met a gay black hooker and spent 2 nights with him. My mate went spare and kicked him out saying " a fu***ng labour party convention, how could you bring such shame on your family?"

By the way, the above statement is a joke, for any people without a sense of humour, tough.

Sponsored Links
What I find interesting is that a talk about homosexuality has moved to include gender fluidity.

You can be one without the other.

Happened to a friend. His son had been away for the weekend, and on his return seemed a changed person. He later confessed to his dad he had gone to the Labour party convention and met a gay black hooker and spent 2 nights with him. My mate went spare and kicked him out saying " a fu***ng labour party convention, how could you bring such shame on your family?"

Politics is a nasty business and for my and my family, we try to steer clear of politics and those that are fooled by the clowns and religion.
I guess you did not have it in you to report your "friend" for ABH.

Sponsored Links
NB: No one has yet answered the question if they would challenge a homophobic bigot IRL or forums if it was safe to do so or join in.

Whilst it's obviously the correct thing to do (help someone in distress, being physically and/or verbally attacked etc) I will admit there's an element of self preservation from my perspective. It seems people are quite happy to literally kick your head in, or worse, if you intervene. So being the have a go hero might have significant consequences for said hero.

And of course there are levels. e.g. if one of my nearest and dearest was being set upon, all the above would very likely go out the window.

Post the evidence!!!

I will follow through!!!

Seriously?

You weren't aware of this story?

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/03/17/hospital-told-police-patient-not-raped-alleged-attacker-transgender/

'The attack took place a year ago and the woman reported it but when officers contacted the hospital, which has not been named, they were told “that there was no male in the hospital, therefore the rape could not have happened”. '

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...not-possible-revealing-one-patient-trans.html

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hospital-dismissed-claim-of-rape-by-trans-attacker-bssxvbqch

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hospital-dismissed-claim-of-rape-by-trans-attacker-bssxvbqch

I guess you must have been skipping over the Feminist pages.

Regardless of the Rape story, this is a problem of considerable concern to many women.

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org...me-sex-breast-screening-medic-as-transphobic/

Last edited:
I would be very shocked if one of my children told me they were gay.....I havent got any children so it would be a big shock

I would be very shocked if one of my children told me they were gay.....I havent got any children so it would be a big shock

As you posted here and told us as above = What if your parents/family told you they were gay???

Would you challenge any homophobic, bigoted comments on a forum or join the bigot??

Whilst it's obviously the correct thing to do (help someone in distress, being physically and/or verbally attacked etc) I will admit there's an element of self preservation from my perspective. It seems people are quite happy to literally kick your head in, or worse, if you intervene. So being the have a go hero might have significant consequences for said hero.

And of course there are levels. e.g. if one of my nearest and dearest was being set upon, all the above would very likely go out the window.

Excellent post.

As I said, IRL action to be taken if you felt safe. Having said that best to leave it to the police.
But on forums have seen homophobic comments, inuendos and challenged them directly or reported them??

I've reported several posts here and Mods have done well

IRL, I once intervened in verbal racist abuse aimed at my OH, the bigot went ballistic and my OH, myself stood back
but others, especially an old lady intervened and told the drunk/racist bigot to stop and police arrived soon - the bloke was charged with being 'drunk & D" and he apologised to us in a meeting set up at the police station and begged us not to pursue it and promised never to do it again. We slept on it to make him sweat and decided not to follow through as it would mean losing his job etc and the drunken rant was that his wife had left him for a man of different colour to his. We felt he was sincere and gave him the benefit of the doubt but on the other hand if it had been dark and we were alone things may have turned out differently with us having to hold him until help arrived.

So if you see homophobic comments especially online, please, please report and report them again and distance yourself from that type of person./susernames.

The world is not an easy place but you can always do your bit online relatively easily and without declaring yourself to the culprit.

Thanks

NB: No one has yet answered the question if they would challenge a homophobic bigot IRL or forums if it was safe to do so or join in.

I'd do/say nothing much unless it was pretty bad. Stupidity happens all the time in this section. Most people just roll their eyes and CBA to tangle with a dork.

The mods catch up, sometimes, click the Report button. Some people are obviously barred, like Angleeyes.

Last edited:
What if your parents/family told you they were gay???

well Id be even more surprised as my parents are both dead....

but on a serious note, no it wouldnt bother me at all. I suppose for a parent it might be hard to hear if your child is gay, most parents want to imagine the whole grandparent thing, which be not quite so straightforward

well Id be even more surprised as my parents are both dead....

but on a serious note, no it wouldnt bother me at all. I suppose for a parent it might be hard to hear if your child is gay, most parents want to imagine the whole grandparent thing, which be not quite so straightforward

Got some sense out of you at last.
I can see your point of view and most people I've met are like what you said.

However, with more tv/internet 24/7 and top soaps watched by millions having several non-hetro relationships, hopefully, more will be able to come out of hiding and declare their love for all to see.

I hope you too can report those that make homophobic comments/innuendos online. IRL its more difficult but you can always report the crimes.

I can never understand why some people are hate-filled.

Said it before and poster said it, live and let live and from me, as long as its within the law. Having said that the 'law' has changed for the better in recent years for many.

Sponsored Links
Back