Ashalar Wall - access gap door - insulation and vapour barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.. I'm doing a DIY loft conversion and have built an Ashlar support for the roof to designs provided by an SE. I've missed a vertical (and included double frame) to provide an access gap in to the cold loft space.

Right now the access gap is simply filled with a plug of 130mm cellotex but I now need to figure out how to make this access way look good when the rest of the room has been plastered.

Are there any standard doors or fitting methods to make them flush with the final plaster board?

Also would a standard draught proof strip provide sufficient and durable vapour barrier?

Thanks in advance,
L.A.

Sponsored Links
All you require is a framed access trap or hatch similar to a ceiling trap or floor trap only you will need to insulate the reverse.
Architrave or moulded trim is used to surround the trap - just like on a door to a room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back