Atlantic F127 Electric Heaters not turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of an Atlantic F127 electric heater?

They seem simple enough, it has 2 modes Basic and Prog and the manual says Basic means manual, so set the temp and it will kick in or out depending on the current temperature, and Prog whereby it should use the timers.

I've set the timers to relevant start and stop times, however when the time ends the heater just seems to carry on and not shut off.

Its almost as if the room is below a certain temp and therefor the heater still wants to achieve that temp even outside of the programmed hours.

Has anyone ever come across this?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
How long have you left them to cool down? Is the time set correctly? Could be a faulty switch?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, only 5 minutes or so but you can still feel the heat blasting out, whereas if I unplug I notice a change almost straight away so it just seems to be staying on, the main time and each day day seem correct. This is brand new and just been installed.

I'll take another look if it doesnt seem like an obvious setting I've missed.

On another note, do you have an opinion on these heaters ? Basically my friend had Economy 7 in a rented house and the heaters were awful, the landlord has removed to 2 large economy 7 heaters and replaced with 2 of these Atlantic ones, one upstairs and one downstairs, they are half the size and although they do kick out heat it just doesnt seem enough to me and they have to be on full whack for hours to make it any kind of comfortable... and the electric bill is going to be through the roof.

Thank you.

Tbh I’ve never heard or have experience with them, so I wouldn’t know really. Could be faulty out of the box?

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, I'm not convinced the landlord hasnt just stuck something really inadequate in, these heaters are £85 each, surely 2 of those is not whats needed to heat a house, they are tiny and could have just gone to argos and bought 2 basic heaters.

It all depends on heat loss calculations, u-values, etc. If all that’s been worked out, then they could be adequate?

Not sure if this is any help, it does sound like a setting fault

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ah ok, I'm not convinced the landlord hasnt just stuck something really inadequate in,
That's exactly what they have done - those heaters are just basic convectors, and 2 of them will be useless for heating a whole house.

Unlikely it will meet energy efficiency requirements either.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back