Atmos Intercombi HE32 - Opinion?

I had my energy company (Npower) ring me and try to sell me central heating cover yesterday, but when I told them the make of boiler they said they were unable to cover me!

Is this supposed to be a negative statement?

I wouldn't trust those muppets to park safely outside my house let alone mess with my boiler.

Sponsored Links
TBH I was pretty glad that they were forced to back down. IIRC they could not be bothered sending a quote through after somebody had been around so decided take my business elsewhere. They then had the gall to ring me up just prior to my system being installed and ask if they could offer a better deal :evil: . I told them where to stick it. I have never had much experience with them so was unaware if they were good or bad. The only real point I was trying to make is about being stuck with the installers for service/repairs etc.

It is a very valid point you made. These boilers are very simple, but not main stream in the UK.

My argument for this is along the lines of - is the chap (installer or latterly a repair man) can't or won't work out how to fix these then would you want him messing with something so integral to tour domestic comfort? Same goes for any brand of boiler really.

For those worried about the lack of brand awareness, Intergas is big in Holland, and Atmos Heat systems who deal with them also had been trading here since the late 90's. Albeit with other boilers. I think they started the HE32 somewhere around 2003

Future support is not an issue.

Intergas - the smart choice...

I've been installing all the configurations combi, system & ov for 15 months now and love them, I've not had one call back. It's the Intergas models I install but will admit Atmos are likely to give better aftercare/helpline if a customer requires. If a customer insists I install a particular boiler fine but if it's my call it's Intergas/Atmos everytime. Despite what boiler you choose, quality of the fitter is priceless...

Sponsored Links
I just hope if something does go wrong then they are able to fix it. It is a small company rather than just a one man band. The bloke next door to me had a WB fitted by a cowboy, who for some reason decided to put a pipe (condensation pipe?) outside and it froze during the winter, so agree about getting a good fitter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back