Attaching corner beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a job today where I attached a couple of corner beads, both were reasonably long and fighting aginst gravity, I think the plaster held them ok (I hope so!), if i were to 'nail' them on, what type of nail would I need, into old plaster work?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi mike

I used 20mm clout nails.

Adam

I use the same.

Sometimes if is too hard or crumbly ,I use the nail out of the sparkies cable clips, but more often than not I would stick them with a bit of boarding adhesive. I have used gripfill as well, but you have to be careful to leave it nice and clean or else it comes through the finish.

BTW I use a stapler in boards.

I think the Mods saw sense, and removed the lot. Right enough too imo,,,, never seen the like.

I think the Mods saw sense, and removed the lot. Right enough too imo,,,, never seen the like.
I'm dextrous's daughter and I'm 9. I think the treatment of all of you on here is very mean towards my daddy. He is warm, kind, generous and totally perfect in everything he says and does. I think that jimfish and mrs jimfish lacked the eloquence and sophistication to propound their views and arguments in a coherent, reasoned and structured manner. Furthermore they were bereft of the prerequisite personal and social adeptness to develop a large and profitable customer base based on mutual respect and conceptual elegance. I also think that you Mr roughcaster are a ruffian of the utmost order and that Mr Richard C is a bounder, cheat and a cad. But I'm only 9 ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I'm dextrous's daughter and I'm 9. I think the treatment of all of you on here is very mean towards my daddy. He is warm, kind, generous and totally perfect in everything he says and does.

What a wonderful imagination nine year olds have.

:LOL: :LOL:

wondered where that had gone!

anyway, back to the beads...i use a stanley stapler at the mo but when you don't aim it spot on and hit the bead it just bends the staples, quite frustrating, like the staples fro holding beads just the execution of hitting those holes in the expamet beads.

anyone recommend a stapler that will fire through the bead wings without sending them right into the plasterboard?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back