auto start gadget...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using an Earlex hoover for a dust collector but I am getting mighty pee'd off having to start the hoover before I do a cut.

Many moons ago I found a gadget advertised that would enable a normal hoover to have a "power tool auto run feature".

Been Googling and I'm not having much success, anyone one with any pointers or is this a figment of my imagination!!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
You could use one of those multi-plug extensions designed for computers/hifi etc where the power to a few of the sockets is controlled by the first one - google for ' oneclick '

Plug the tool in the master socket and the vacuum in one of the slaves and switch the vaccum on. Then power will only be supplied to the vacuum when you switch the tool on

I have some which were on offer in lidls for about £5 IIRC

Axminster power tools do a "black box" that will sence when a machine is running and start the extractor, it also has an overrun so the vac turns off after a set time, one box will work several machines if you have a central vac system. However they are a bit pricy, a lot of home woodworkers link the extractor into one of the remote control sockets that maplin etc do.

Jason

Sponsored Links
What a rip off.

That does exactly the same thing as the 'oneclick' and similar devices - how can it have £140 worth of extra components inside it?

Thanks for the ideas, think I'll try the remote control option have a spare one lying around somewhere.

Like the idea of the inteliplugs Woody but the saw is 110v and unsure if the plug would ever go to its standby state as the transformer is always drawing a little current, which may just be enough to keep the plug alive so to speak.

An update for anyone that's interested,

Bought an intelli plug from Maplins, just as I thought the current draw from the transformer is enough to keep the peripheral socket live on initial plug in.

But, after the first cut with the saw the peripheral socket does then go into its standby state and then works well there after, only draw back is there is an approx 5 sec delay in the hoover switching on from when the saw is triggered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back