Average price for a combi installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've decided to get a new combi boiler fitted, I've had a few quotes and they seem a bit high. I would like to know how much others paid for their installations. Here's what i've had so far.

- British Gas quoted me £4k for just a boiler installation.
- Another guy quoted me £1.5k for a boiler, and 7 brand new radiators and the installation of the lot.
- These other 2 guys quoted me £3k for the same.

The boiler in each case was a Baxi 100 HE PLUS.

I thought the £1.5k sounded a tad low, £3k a bit high and £4k totally out of the question.

Anyone care to comment on these quotes and/or tell me how much they had theirs done for.

Also what do you guys think of my choice of boiler?

Thanks,

-H

please note 9 which is here

Sponsored Links
Think you have summed it up yourself, you pays your money and takes your choice, £1500.00 is a total joke and cant possibly be fitted to all regs and installtion instructions unless they work for free so I wouldn't even count that one as part of your quotes.

Just quoted Saturday for Ideal Isar HE 30 and Honeywell wireless CM67, with customer removing old boiler and tanks and disposeing of, £2675.00, job ordered yesterday.

I'd agree, 4k for a boiler is a bit ridiculous, unless it's solid gold.

1.5k is suspiciously low. Trade price for the parts would be at least that much.

If you consider a decent make combi is going to be about a grand, 7 rads will be ~ 450 dependant on size, it could easily be £200 of pipe & fittings. Then consider that this is probably 4 to 5 days work, at 200 quid a day (plumbers have to eat too), then 3k seems about par for the course to be honest. Oh, and Mr Customs and Excise take VAT too.

We have a couple of adverts in the local press up here offering a new condenser boiler, 5/7 rads and a five year warranty for £1500.00. I'm thinking of buying ten.

Sponsored Links
I cant possibly see how anyone can supply a condenser 5 to 7 rads all pipework and fittings all fitted to regs and installation instructions for £1500.00, perhaps the people doing this quote would like to post the heat loss calculations materials and profit for a typical job and the time taken, even using the cheapest materials available it's just a non starter, how do they know "before" seeing the property how large the rads need to be for starters, then how many meters of pipework required, NOBODY can "QUOTE" for any job without seeing first unless they are a fekin idiot, how do they know there will be a drainage point available for the boiler position, there is a big difference in price for a standard flue at £45.00 and a vertical flue at £145.00, maybe an "estimate" given after discussing it over the phone is possible but that all, lets be realistic if the condensate pipe needs running outside for 6 meters thats going to be £67.00 ish on it's own just for the lagging, well if you want your intelligence insulting by being taken in with this sort of foot in the door ploy and then the usual "ah well you will need blah blah which is extra" fine but it doesn't fool me.

THIS is how guys are fitting a complete system for less than £2k.

Pretty popular in my neck of the woods. Although the boilers are not top spec, you can upgrade to a decent one for another £200 or so.
Fitters can still make a good living with these packages. :D

mr central heating advertises in national dailies 5 rads boiler and pipework for 675 english pounds when customers see this they think they are being ripped off. the boilerts are not condensers but who cares work was booked before april wink wink

rads are one size fits all, a K1 about big enough for a small bedroom, pipes are plastic right up to rad, at whatever angle they bend over to where they aught to be, no lagging, hardly any pipe clips, not trv's probably no room stat. Boiler must be called Heatfantasy made in China with 2 year warranty which it will need. Nobody will stock the parts in 2 years time, so someone like uss will be quoting for a combi swap in two years and it'll cost more the complete installation, so they'll be round to Trading Standards complaining about us like a shot.

exactly could not agree with you more you get what you pay for but customer is making final decision we can only advise

Right, looked at the advert, so old boy lives in an old 3 bed detached 9" walls single glazed victorian house with 2.65m high ceilings, cant seem to see a rad with enough output in the list to get 21 deg with 4 air changes an hour due to solid fuel fireplace with -3 outside, the bathroom with it's single glazed timber window and 3 outside walls, 22deg 3 air changes an hour is out of the question, but of course mr cowboy aint gonna mention that to the old boy is he, he is just gonna throw it al in all for £1500.00 anyway, then it's on watchdog/tradesmen from hell/rogue traders and were "All" baassttards "again" IT'S A BIG FEKIN JOKE.

chrisr said:
Who makes "sabre" boilers?

hydrotherm bonny looking things
boiler2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back