Noisy Valliant - New Install

S

sentinal73

Hi all

I've recently fitted the wet side of a new central heating system, and have had a corgi guy to install and commision a Valliant ECOtec Pro 28 combi boiler

Its been installed under the stairs in the living room

To me it sounds very noisy, there is a constant low "growl" when the central heating is on. Much noisy that the old boiler i had

Guess I am asking if they are noisy or should i get the corgi guy back to check it out ?

Sponsored Links
I never fit the pro version, only the Plus, but to date I would say they are one of the quietest boilers on the market.

I cannot think why the Pro, even though it is the cut price model, would be any louder.

Could just be you have a noisey fan. Get your installer back and ask him. He should hopefully be familiar enough with Vaillants to be able to confirm if this is normal or not. If the latter he will put a call in to Vaillant under warranty for you.

To me it sounds very noisy, there is a constant low "growl" when the central heating is on. Much noisy that the old boiler i had

Noise is very subjective, and it may also depend on what your old boiler was. Compared to an old natural draught cast iron boiler, any band A boiler will seem noisy.

I would take gas4you's advice and call the installer back.

Like Dave, we have never fitted a Pro, because the Plus is such a nice boiler!

Has the Pro got the sound insulation panels in the sides and front panel?

Did your Corgi man use an FGA to check it out on commissioning?

Sponsored Links
pro has insulation just like the plus, just no drop down front cover. shouldnt notice it excessively noisey. another vote for fan. get your man in to look.

pro 28 and 831 sound the same when installed correctly

it sounds like there is a problem as they are normally very quiet

politely ask the guy to come back as you have a worry on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back