average price??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is the average cost of plastering a two bed two rec terraced house throughout?

Sponsored Links
sorry i didnt realise.. im a first time buyer and i have no idea about any of this stuff. just looking for advice is all.

Sponsored Links
sorry i didnt realise.. im a first time buyer and i have no idea about any of this stuff. just looking for advice is all.
Well it seems I owe you a bit of an apology as well; the Forum rules seem to have been recently changed :oops: & asking about prices, it seems, is now allowed! ;)

As far as your question goes; it’s impossible to say without knowing the number & sizes of rooms, the condition of the existing walls/cieling/plaster & if it’s just a re-skim is required or its float/dry lining & skim & if additional work would be required. From your “window” post, I assume you’re trying to guestimate how much you will have to spend to update a property you are hoping to buy.

As a really, really rough guide you could assume each room will take 2 days @ £225/day (£450) & multiply this by the number of rooms in the property; but I would stress this is a really, really rough guide; big rooms obviously take longer than small rooms & how long the job will take in reality.

Oh & for a guestimate on the price for windows; as a fitted price based on good quality units professionally installed, you could allow £320 per window, £800 each for the bays & around £500 for a door. Again, I would stress this is a really rough guide as so much depends on quality, window sizes & local conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back