Averages

J

Johnmelad502

I am often asked to give an estimate (ball park figure) over the phone or in a email. For some jobs this is possible, but it would appear that my definition of an average size room is different from some of my customers idea.

What would you consider is the average size of a:

• small room?
    medium sized room?
    Large room?

I thank you... :confused:

Sponsored Links
small - 7' by 8'

Medium - 12' by 9'

Large - bigger than the above :D

Heights about 8 - 9 feet

We never used to give estimates over the phone.

Then Google street view was born. Halleluja :D

Me and my brother were working in Leicester once. Got to dinnertime and we stepped out to find a chippy for something to eat. Asked a few of the locals where the nearest chippy was and were told " It's only a few hundred yards up the road!!"

Well, over half an hour and a mile and a bit later, we found the said chippy.
So in Leicester a small room must be around medium to large size, a medium room must be mansion sized and a large room would probably be the size of the Walkers Stadium. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd never give an estimate over the phone,,,, you can't beat seeing the job.

Me and my brother were working in Leicester once. Got to dinnertime and we stepped out to find a chippy for something to eat. Asked a few of the locals where the nearest chippy was and were told " It's only a few hundred yards up the road!!"

Well, over half an hour and a mile and a bit later, we found the said chippy.
So in Leicester a small room must be around medium to large size, a medium room must be mansion sized and a large room would probably be the size of the Walkers Stadium. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well that's simply because the Walkers Stadium is the centre of the universe, and all rules of distance, time and gravity are not what they are elsewhere ;)

Back