Avoiding Air Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just at the point of installing three motorised valves as part of a combined central heating and water heating circuit (subject of earlier post and helpful advice.)

In order that my motorised valves are accessible I want to create a little board in the back of a cupboard and bring the pipes up from under the floor, a little like an under floor heating manifold

I am concerned re creating an air lock and wonder if fitting something like a Bottle Air Vent 15mm ref 97868 at Screwfix would be a good idea off the top of the "manifold" to vent away and air in the system.

If not what would be the best thing in this situation.

Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
bottle vent will be fine at highest point. allways good idea to put good isolation below it incase it fails. dirty systems over time can weight down the float causing water to leak out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back