Awkward toilet connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The recent thread on toilet flush problems was so helpful that I hope someone will be able to help me too.

A so-called "builder" left me with the 100mm soil pipe sticking out of the concrete floor of a new bathroom which is proving really difficult to connect into.

For a start, it is angled at least ten degrees off the vertical. Also it's too close to the wall to fit a vertical outlet pan, but I don't want to bring the WC further forward than is necessary with a side outlet WC and extra bend - unless that's the only answer.

I have bought a 0-to-90 adjustable bend but that doesn't seem to help a lot, as it raises the top of the pipe too high for vertical outlet, and I would need a sharper bend, not a shallower one, to adapt to a back outlet. I've also tried an offset rubber connecter for vertical use but I'm not sure if its flanges will provide a good enough seal at such an angle, and also the offset of under 3" still isn't enough.

I can't make any further progress as I haven't bought the WC yet, simply because I don't know whether a rear or bottom outlet would be best. From my point of view the latter is preferable, but is there a model in which the outlet is slightly closer to the rear wall than most? If not, exactly what bits do I need to sort out this mess?
Alec

Sponsored Links
how about horizontal outlet WC plus 90' pan connector.

pan_con.jpg

Or even in ceramic (I've not fitted one of these)
ceramic_wc_con.jpg

Sponsored Links
Slightly off topic, but where can you get those ceramics from ?

These are probably your best bet:
12712.gif

You can slide the black finned bit nearer the curved bit. and with a simple ring fitting, go directly into one of these: (ring fitting disappears inside)

16537.png

You don't say which way the 10º lean is.

You can get bottom outlet wc's (S trap) but only very ordinary, not even close coupled I think.
You need to check the pans you like, you'll often find the base of the pan hits your pipe coming out of the floor, and it's THAT which determines how far back your pan can go. Thy do vary quite a bit.

Thanks for all your advice. I should have realised that a picture would make it easier to understand, but I haven't managed to get to grips with the technology, so here's a better description. The pipe rises within three inches of the wall and tilts both backwards (i.e. towards the wall) and to the left. It's a plain pipe of course, without an expanded end.

Surely a right-angle adaptor as suggested would result in an upward tilting connection? I can only imagine I'll need two 90degree bends - one ending up parallel with the wall but pointing upwards, the other coming level back into the room - to correct the lean. I've been trying to visualise it using bent paper clips!

What I really need, I guess, is a manufacturer's website which illustrates all these things, so that I will know exactly what to ask for. Can anyone advise please? Toolstation.com was quite good but their connectors only allow 5 degrees misalignment, although if I use two connectors I won't need any tolerance. Is such an idea workable, or would I need a length of plain soil pipe to connect two adaptors?

Alec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back