ayone help me pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone firstof all im electronic engineer i dont have a clue about electric ask me about tv mobile phone repair i can help you but now i need someone help about my bathroom lights my bathroom lights keep tripping since my new boiler fitted i changed main fuse downstairs n still same i discconect all the lights still tripping im thinking when they fit my boiler they done something any ideas how to fix

Sponsored Links
Not being funny, but please try to use better written language - that way you might get a few more replies.

Sponsored Links
(Yes, please use punctuation.)

Is the boiler actually wired to this lighting circuit?

Could the new boiler work have caused any hidden cables to get drilled through or damaged?

Were floorboards lifted?

Is it a loft above the bathroom?

Is the boiler in the loft?

Can you take photographs?

Out of interest, what fuse did you replace?

It is possible that the work undertaken by the boiler installer has caused this problem or could be coincidental!

So is the boiler or any of the newly installed controls, in the vicinity of the circuit that supply the bathroom lighting?
Has the boiler been connected to the bathroom lighting circuit?
Did this issue start immediately after the boiler was installed?

i check shower light and disconnect of to wire and its ok now i need a new shower light :)

i think my shower light transformer isnt working where can i buy little transformer please

As an electrical engineer I am sure you understand what a switched mode power supply is. The extra low voltage lamps would have originally used a transformer but today we use switch mode power supplies.

A B6 MCB will trip on the thermal side with 6A but that takes some time the magnetic side needs 30A to trip so speed does matter slow trip over 6A fast trip over 30A.

So are you looking for a switched mode power supply or a simple transformer? With switched mode there is a lower limit with a transformer only an upper limit so switched mode will often not work with LED lighting.

This is a transformer 50W but this is a switched mode power supply in both cases 50W so what are you looking for?

I am also an electrical engineer and dyslectic so come one you I am sure can give us a better description of what you want?

So it is a light transform issue.
Plenty of stockists about, isolate circuit, prove dead, remove the transformer, make safe the live terminal ends before re-energising. Then take tranny with you to local wholesalers or screwfix, toolstation, wickes, homebase, B&Q etc... and get like for like tranny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back