[b]Boiler Firing-Up,Cutting-Out,Firing-Up etc =NO HOT WATER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Thank you for reading this. I have a brand new Ariston Genus ll combi boiler.

I have central heating but no hot water. When I open a tap in the house the boiler fires-up however within 10 seconds it cuts out again then within 10 seconds fires up again then within 10 seconds cuts out again etc etc. Throughout this firing up and cutting out the tap is open and producing freezing water. (Literally zero hot water.)

Other clues - that may be red herrings:

The heating is working fine and I've tried switching it off to see if the water heats with the heating off...it doesn't!

The temperature gague on the boiler plumets from approx 70% to 10 when I open the tap.

The boiler is dripping very slowly from underneath.

It may also help to know that the boiler is new. It was replaced by Ariston under guarantee because I was experiencing the exact same problems with the old one.

I'd be so grateful for some help. I won't bore you with my tale of misery except to say that whilst waiting for the new boiler I've just been through a week with neither hot water or heating and with sub-zero temperatures outside (and in my house) it's been one of the most miserable weeks of my life.

Knight in Shining Armour Needed! Can you help me?

Kind regards

K

Sponsored Links
I have a brand new Ariston Genus ll combi boiler.
Then it's covered by guarantees?
The temperature gague on the boiler plumets from approx 70% to 10 when I open the tap.
This suggests something wrong with the plumbing connections. Cold to hot outlet? Filling loop left open? Something bizarre.

If the boiler was not installed by a recognised installer then I would advise you contact one and have the boiler properly commissioned. During the commission proceedure any plumbing faults would be corrected and more importantly the gas install/rating would be checked.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for your helpful and prompt suggestions.

A funny thing happened overnight - I awoke this morning to hot water. How can this be explained?

Will it last? I don't know so further input will be gratefully received.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

Kate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back