B&Q BOILERS.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone any comments on Biasi or Ravenheat boilers.

Sponsored Links
Boilers sold from B&Q are usually badly fitted by non CORGI registered people and break down after a very short time.

Its not the fault of the boiler but just the bad installation.

Any boiler fitted properly to a clean system will work well and they have 2-3 years warranty in the unlikely event of a part failing.

The warranty does not cover installation errors and calls which turn out ot be caused by dirt in the system will be chargeable. Its not the manufacturer who put the dirt in the system!

Tony

Mines being fitted by a corgi , can save a lot of money buying from b&q.

jrh1 said:

and your are extremely lucky to get a RGI to agree to fit a boiler you supplied

remember if it breaksdown you will call him and he will say

"call the manufacturers nowt to do if me"

the you call the manufacturers who will say

"call back the installer"

and so forth untill hell becomes a might chilly

:)

Sponsored Links
biasi and ravenheat boilers are oversized doorstops.

Only in the short term. Often you get what you pay for.

Heed the wise words of Corgiman...........

the difference is that, the boilers you get from B&Q are sold at or just above cost, they make there money off spares. so they will break down before a more expensive boiler will. add to this that the people that repair boilers hate to fix them as they get some very odd problems that are not easy to fix.

biasi for example are hated with passion, no bugger wants to fix them. today had a chap on the phone with a biasi that he cant work out what to do with, already change the pcb and phone me in desperation. if your buying in to a B&Q boiler your are buying in to some heart trouble in the future.

saying that i think heat-line boilers which is also sold at B&Q are a cracking boiler for the money nice and simple and in my view easy to fix, no doubt it will break down before a better named boiler would but i would come and fix it in a heart beat

you get what you pay for, cheap boilers get put in cheaply etc...

btw good luck with you purchase ;)

mehran said:
the difference is that, the boilers you get from B&Q are sold at or just above cost, they make there money off spares. so they will break down before a more expensive boiler will. add to this that the people that repair boilers hate to fix them as they get some very odd problems that are not easy to fix.

biasi for example are hated with passion, no b*****r wants to fix them. today had a chap on the phone with a biasi that he cant work out what to do with, already change the pcb and phone me in desperation. if your buying in to a B&Q boiler your are buying in to some heart trouble in the future.

saying that i think heat-line boilers which is also sold at B&Q are a cracking boiler for the money nice and simple and in my view easy to fix, no doubt it will break down before a better named boiler would but i would come and fix it in a heart beat

I concur

But then again I have several Ravenheats that I have been servicing for years

nowt special but honk along nicely

mehran said:

biasi for example are hated with passion, no b*****r wants to fix them. today had a chap on the phone with a biasi that he cant work out what to do with, already change the pcb and phone me in desperation. if your buying in to a B&Q boiler your are buying in to some heart trouble in the future.

I look after many many Biasi's especially the 24's, Riva's; they are in comparison with other manufacturers boilers very easy to work on and are generally not particularly expensive to repair. Considering they are often installed by cowboys most faults tend to be simple water leaks from poor system water. The better installed one's give very little trouble. Surprisingly their manuals are often better than most other manufacturers.

Manufacturers such as Vaillant and Worcester have in the past produced excellent boilers but now just sell mediocre products at a high price.

I happened to meet the service manager of Heatline boilers at PHEX recently. Just looking at thier latest model I asked how you replace the auto air vent (since it was jammed at the back behind the pump); his answer....our lads just remove the boiler from the wall... only takes 'em 10 minutes. This is the sort of crap that's being designed nowdays.

Vaillant still produce excellent and reliable boilers, but the back up from their group service now glow worm have the reigns makes the fitting of them questionable. Saying that I have very few problems with them ;)

gas4you said:
Vaillant still produce excellent and reliable boilers, but the back up from their group service now glow worm have the reigns makes the fitting of them questionable. Saying that I have very few problems with them ;)

yeah they are great

(tucking away the warning notice he recieved from vaillant about thier seals out of site)

All new boilers are crud

I would agree that the 'new' Vaillant ecotec Plus 400 series are crud as they are only the old ecomax pro with a new cover and display fitted. They have done nothing to address the issues that I and hundreds of other installers complained about.

Still wouldn't fit a worcester though corgi. I know you and others like them but I think they are over rated shyte :LOL: :LOL:

But then I'd rather have another pint :LOL:

gas4you said:
I would agree that the 'new' Vaillant ecotec Plus 400 series are crud as they are only the old ecomax pro with a new cover and display fitted. They have done nothing to address the issues that I and hundreds of other installers complained about.

Still wouldn't fit a worcester though corgi. I know you and others like them but I think they are over rated shyte :LOL: :LOL:

But then I'd rather have another pint :LOL:

Me too

Maybe I have not stated my preference for new boilers enough, i say keep your old one as there are NO new ones worth a monkeys toss

Gasguru said:
I look after many many Biasi's especially the 24's, Riva's; they are in comparison with other manufacturers boilers very easy to work on and are generally not particularly expensive to repair.

Totally agree, haven't seen many of the latest condensing ones but the SE M90 is a brilliant boiler.

Must admit I still tell customers to use their old ones until they leak ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back