Back boiler central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Quick question. My folks have a back boiler in a solid fuel cooker, this is providing the hot water to the house via an Indirect cylinder located 5 feet away in a press from the back boiler. There is No radiators in the house. My plan is to install some in the upstairs bedrooms and use convecton flow to heat these.
Then install two radiators down stairs and use a pump for this circulation. Any ideas on this as a function. Pump to be controlled either via a timer or pipe stat.

all comments welcome.

Regards,
Anthony.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The back Boiler is up to the task. It's part of a stanley range cooker. Heats the hot tank(Cylinder) at least 3 times, Water has to be drained off due to the rapid heating of the water.

should be ok

if you use a 1 pipe system you might not need the pump

or if you do use a pump and a 1 pipe you dont have to be as fussy about pipe runs etc ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Kev,

It will be a two pipe system. Do you see an issue with this?

na seems ok would do up to the first u/s rad in 22 tho if your using convection ;)

and if your going to use trvs make sure you get the right ones

ordinary ones are to restrictive :idea:

Hi Kev,

Thanks for that. Was going to use 3/4" to run around and tee off to 1/2" at each Radiator. Was going to leave at least one radiator with standard Lockshield valves. Using TRV's on three of the others. Four radiators in total.
Have learnt now that my mam wants two radiators down stairs. Will use a pump for that and use two Pipe/cylinder stats to control it. High low configuration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back