back boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do a few jobs for a decorator i know, i take the rads off the wall when he wants to get to the back of them,and when done i come back.The problem i have is this last job i need to take the rads and change the valves as well but its a back boiler and i cannot found the F&E tank.I can turn the primary flow and return off,it has a gate valve on both the primary flow and return as it comes out of the in-direct cylinder,but i cannot find a way to re fill the system.Any help would be great.The lady as lived in the house for over 35 years and she says the only plumbing gear is where the cylinder is and she does not have a small water tank any where in the house.The loft as no tanks in,its a dry loft.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thanks for all your replies i did think it was a primatic after reading my jtl book but what should i do with the two gate valves? The women tells me she as used the plumber for the last 30 years should i let her know he is not super man like she thinks?If i now change the valves should i get rid of the two gate valves,i do not want to walk away from the job as i try to do the best i can?

one last thing before i go to bed,is it the norm to run a primatic with a gas fire/back boiler? good night all sleep tight

thanks for all your replies i did think it was a primatic after reading my jtl book but what should i do with the two gate valves? The women tells me she as used the plumber for the last 30 years should i let her know he is not super man like she thinks?If i now change the valves should i get rid of the two gate valves,i do not want to walk away from the job as i try to do the best i can?

If her plumber has kept her warm and supplied with hot water for the last 30 years, then its safe to say that he's OK.

With all respect to you, if you're not 100% knowledgeable about heating systems, I wouldn't recommend that you criticise his work. If you have the situation wrong, or have not properly identified the primaries, you could drop him in it when he's done nothing wrong.

P.S. Get a plumber in. Could be embarrasing/expensive if it goes pear-shaped!

one more last thing before i go to bed, can i use fx100/fx400 in the system? if so i think you would have to put them in by the rads is this right or not? good night all.

to whitespirit 66, i was not aiming to criticise the guys work, i did not properly identifie the system, thanks for your time and help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back