Back boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 1st time i changed a back boiler for a combi i took the back boiler an gas fire out. Is it ok to disconnect the flow and return to the back boiler and leave it in so i dont disturb the gas fire

Sponsored Links
i would leave the flow and return open as well

but who in thier right mind would want to keep a fugly BBU fire??

corgiman said:
i would leave the flow and return open as well

but who in thier right mind would want to keep a fugly BBU fire??

old people who bought the thing in the first place :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Alfies Revenge said:
The 1st time i changed a back boiler for a combi i took the back boiler an gas fire out. Is it ok to disconnect the flow and return to the back boiler and leave it in so i dont disturb the gas fire

The answer is ``no`` the back boiler & fire are one unit you cannot completely disable the back boiler gaswise, if you have gas feeding the fire it passes through the same valve feeding the back boiler. You have to turn off & isolate both. I`m surprised at the advice you are being given on here.

Bambergaspipe said:
I`m surprised at the advice you are being given on here.

So am I now....what do I do with all my disconnected bbu stickers?

Bambergaspipe said:
Alfies Revenge said:

The answer is ``no`` the back boiler & fire are one unit you cannot completely disable the back boiler gaswise, if you have gas feeding the fire it passes through the same valve feeding the back boiler. You have to turn off & isolate both. I`m surprised at the advice you are being given on here.

no as the isolator has the capability of disconnecting the BBU whilst still allowing the gas to flow to the gas fire to disconnect the BBU you can use a 1/2 inch female cap on the isolator.

My understanding is that to cannot use a BBU gas fire as a "stand alone" appliance due to the combined BBU primary flue. if the BBU is still present I cannot see a reason (other than the fact the fire is a pug ugly monstrosity) to disconnect the fire.

I have never ever ever done this cos most of the BBU change overs i have done have involved a change of gas fire but I would appreciate one of the Baxi boys opinions on this as I really cannot see the danger in this.

ollski said:
Bambergaspipe said:

Where do you get these stickers matey I have never seen them??

ollski said:
Bambergaspipe said:

Shove them up your a*rse :idea:
You are obviously an ignorant buffoon, how is the bbu disconnected if the fire is still live :?:

If you are leaving gas fires on connected to back boilers you are breaking the Law. Unless you reroute the gas supply to feed the fire only.
Has anyone done their acs around here :?: Ollski obviously has not.

Bambergaspipe said:
ollski said:
Bambergaspipe said:

Shove them up your a*a**e :idea:
You are obviously an ignorant buffoon, how is the bbu disconnected if the fire is still live :?:

If you are leaving gas fires on connected to back boilers you are breaking the Law. Unless you reroute the gas supply to feed the fire only.
Has anyone done their acs around here :?: Ollski obviously has not.

er Bamber see my post

Alfies Revenge said:

My answer remains the same, take it or leave it. ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
Alfies Revenge said:

My answer remains the same, take it or leave it. ;)

so after re reading your post you agree with us then do ya bamber???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back