Back Bolier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I need some advice

We have a back bolier, we have not lit the fire for around 6 months and have lit it this weekend for the first time inages.

The water is heating up ok (actually to an unbearable heat) but no heat is comming to the radiators. You can hear a noise and vibration from the pump si it sounds like it is working ok.

Also, there is a very loud gurgling and bubbling noise coming from the fire, it also sounds like water is gushing through every pipe in the house. It is a very scary sounds and worried me.
Can anyone help or advise waht may be up?
THank you very much

Sponsored Links
call some one out not sure what it is from your discription you should call some to have look at it but could be a blockage

Turn every thing off and bleed all the radiators starting with those on the ground floor first, it sound like you've got a lot of AIR in the pipework.
When youve bled all the rads turn back on and see if it as improved,if not call a plumber :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thans all for your replys.
Do you think it is currently unsafe??

Should i not light the fire and perhaps just use the oli heating until i get it looked at?

If the radiatros were air locked or need bled would i not notice this with oil heating also?

Thans all for your replys.
Do you think it is currently unsafe??

Should i not light the fire and perhaps just use the oli heating until i get it looked at?

If the radiatros were air locked or need bled would i not notice this with oil heating also?

Take it this is solid fuel back boiler linked to oil fired system.

I'l have to stop jumping to the wrong conclusion when it comes to back boilers :confused: This info changes everything.

Hi

It is a solid fuel back bolier (behiond the fire place)
I really dont know the ins and outs of how it works but when we light the fire it is supposed to heat the water and eventually the rads.

Like i say, the rads did not heat all weekend and the gurgling, bubbling and gushing noises disturbed me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back