Back solo 3 60 pf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive been having issues with the above. It wouldn't start and occasionally blew the 3 amp fuse and the fast blow on the PCB. I've check the pump, pressure switch and fan. I disconnected each connectors one by one to the PCB and couldn't find the fault. I assumed hat it must be the PCB itself (it's on its third so I know how unreliable they are) so I purchased a new one. Just swapped it over and nothing but as I walked towards it there was a flash and the fuses blew. On inspection it seems to be the over heat stat that went bang I've taken it off and it smells burnt but it's still closed circuit. Which is odd.
I could replace the stat but I don't think that's the problem.
Any ideas anyone? Thanks
Jules

The gas has been turned off!

Sponsored Links
We are not allowed to give advice on gas or combustion issues.

That includes anything where access involves access to components like the fan, or the room sealed combustion area, associated with burning the gas.

So the obvious advice is to call a competent boiler engineer.

It is possible the O/H stat has arced to earth and carbonised its case.

Tony

Without sounding rude what's the point of this forum then if not to ask for advice? Although I understand anyone's reluctance to help in such a combustible subject.
The terms 'competent' and 'engineer' can be misleading.

Sponsored Links
All forums have rules.

One here is that we don't give advice on gas matters .

By using this one you are deemed to have read and accepted the rules here.

It is pretty obvious why the rule is here!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back