bad choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit depressed, I've just traded my honda civic type R ( 04 ) in for a MG ZR ( 04 ) All I'll say is :cry: done it for money reasons, but what a :eek: me thinks i've co#ked up :( :)

Sponsored Links
I'd agree that you're probably depressed (I can apreciate why), but surely down grading due to financial reasons cannot be regarded as "cocking up" can it?

gman76 said:
I'd agree that you're probably depressed (I can apreciate why), but surely down grading due to financial reasons cannot be regarded as "cocking up" can it?

I'm getting 5 grand back aswell, so on that score it's not that bad :D but the MG interior is lets say, in an nut shell sh#t :(

Yes, Honda vs MG there really is no competition is there? Still 5 bags of sand cant be sniffed at I suppose!

Thought I ought to add - the ZR is a quick car & I'm not knocking that, just that anything from the likes of Honda knocks it into a cocked hat in terms of quality!

Sponsored Links
I'll have the money alot longer than the car put it that way :LOL: I feel a trade in cumming on :) ps i'm not exspecting much in the way of a car or age when I do tho :( :LOL:

Obviously, I'm not in the full picture, but couldn't you have traded the Honda against something else in the first place? Or was it a seemed like a good trade at the time sort of thing?

Bring back the charade GTTI, cheap tax, 1000cc engine, dynamite accelleration, a bit pricey on insurance tho! Plus a bit lacking top end - but close to a Cosworth.

gman76 said:
Obviously, I'm not in the full picture, but couldn't you have traded the Honda against something else in the first place? Or was it a seemed like a good trade at the time sort of thing?

Your right i could of but i jumped in with 2 feet like i always do :mad: I went to the honda dealers where I bought the car from, and asked what would you give me for the civic, he looked at it and said " do you want to part-x it for another car " which I said yes, anyway the cheapist car on the forcourt was this MG priced at £5.999. so I said what about this one, to cut a long story short he done some sums and came up with the Mg and 5 grand cash back.

When I went to pick it up today I was looking around the cars for sale and saw an corsa 06 reg for less money what the MG was up for, if only I went today to try to sell my car :mad: :) never mind you live and learn, sometimes the hard way ;)

Thought I'd mention, you're not alone, it's a heart/head thing - you just go for it & regret it about a day later. Happens all the time. I've fallen into the trap plenty of times.

ps I went to put it in reverse and the gear knob came off into my hand :eek: They give me 1 years warrantry so it will be going back on monday. I better stop talking about it otherwise I'll get even more depressed :LOL:

Cripes! That is testimony to the build quality 100%. That is terrible!

Good luck with getting something better!

gman76

I think i'm going to bite the bullet and trade it in asap for whatever I can get, and the thing has a big bore on which gives off a lot of noise :rolleyes: FFS i'm 37 years old not some chav :LOL: I'm drinking tonight which makes it worse :LOL: how the fook they had it up for sale for 6 grand is beyond me :rolleyes: they must of pi#t themselfs laughing at me when I left :mad:

Sponsored Links
Back