Baffled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

Some of you will aleady be up to speed on the trials i have been having with my boiler/pump.

As mentioned in a previous thread i have replaced my knackered cp61 pump in my potterton puma 80 combi with a cp63. I balanced the system and everything was hunky dory, for the first time ever in 4 years of owning the house i have been able to have all my (8) radiators on at once.

i ran the heating constantly for just over 2 days after replacing the pump. My house is on a card meter for the gas, which i forgot to top up so ran out of gas. Obviously the boiler locked out. Whilst the boiler was off i put some cleaning fluid in the kitchen rad as per instructions (bought one of those little hand pumps where you pump some water out then reverse the flow to pump the cleaning solution back in) turned the gas back on and restarted the boiler.

Now, the heating doesn't work at all. The pump is running. There are no red lights. DHW is lovely and hot on demand. CH outlet pipe is barely luke warm for about an inch from the boiler, from there onwards is very cold to the touch. CH return pipe is similar.

Help?

Sponsored Links
Dripping hot tap somewhere?

Sounds like a coincidence withthe inhibitor. Puma Diverters don't usually fail quite as perfectly as that so it sounds electrical - pcb top left or middle connector, CH temp sensor..

All 3 hot taps appear fine, i.e. bone dry all the time.

With the temp sensor,should i be looking for evidence of failure? Is there a test i can do? or do i just replace it on the assumption that it is the problem?

Thanks

Its resistance is in the Instructions - compare it with the DHW one which is identical - or swap them but you'll need to drain down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back