Bag of ****te Glowworm 30cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spent 5 hours stripping rebuilding servicing this piece of crap to try and find a leak, WHAT IS WRONG WITH USING PHILLIPS SCREWS, instead of these useless bloody stardrive ****te, re-did o rings and silicone lubed, then had to remove about 1.5 inches of solid brown crud out of the condense Y piece, which was conveniently dripping onto the copper gas pipe and rusting the bottom casing, would it have killed Screwworm to have sleeved the gas pipe in plastic, then had to replace safety valve as it had a mardy as well, also replace the combustion door seals and fit the new locking nuts.

Now tell me this, BG fitted and have been servicing it "apparently" " how come neither Local Building Authority, CORGI, GasSafe, BG, Glowworm any of this lot have picked up on the Combustion Door seals, it would have been notified wouldn't it ????, Glowworm would have had the Warranty card with the Name and address wouldn't they ???, the door seals were pretty much shot, the condensate pipe must have been blocked for a bloody long time, the customer did say the BG guy took 5 minutes to service it !!!!!!, there must have been more paperwork than an Elephant could wipe it's arse on for this boiler, and yet I find it in in this state and old door seals, **** poor if you ask me.

Sponsored Links
BG do their own warranty stuff on boiler they fit, so i imagine thats why GW didnt do anything.
Its nowt to do with local authority or GS/Corgi as to what maintenance is done to someones boiler.

As for BG, no excuse. We all carry the door seals on the van is it effects many models.

So they do their own warranty, but whats the point of GWN if it's not followed up, customers pay money for appliances to be notified, then when an issue arises it can be followed up via building control or CORGI or Gassafe, or all that is happening is the customer is paying for someone else to tell them who fitted the boiler, information they already know, what a waste of everyones time and money, bloody paper trail for "nothing".

So they do their own warranty, but whats the point of GWN if it's not followed up, customers pay money for appliances to be notified, then when an issue arises it can be followed up via building control or CORGI or Gassafe, or all that is happening is the customer is paying for someone else to tell them who fitted the boiler, information they already know, what a waste of everyones time and money, bloody paper trail for "nothing".

Everyone knows by now that GWN is a waste of time. :D

Sponsored Links
Brother's just bought a bungalow with one of these things. Only a couple of years old, and already playing the HW running cold trick.

Barstewards fitted the thing in the loft too, about 3 inches off the floor and only 0ne loft board in the whole place!!!

Brother's just bought a bungalow with one of these things. Only a couple of years old, and already playing the HW running cold trick.

Barstewards fitted the thing in the loft too, about 3 inches off the floor and only 0ne loft board in the whole place!!!

Lovely, I would be walking away from that then, even with it relatively easy to access, this one yesterday was a B*****d to work, on,the plated exchanger is behind all the other pieces of crap.

After leaving the job yesterday and after checking umpteen times, I left it with no leaks, the customer has now phoned to say it's still got a leak, piece of ABSOLUTE CRAPP :evil:

Ped, I had similar problem as you. Turns out the condensate sump was knackered even after stripping it out and giving it a good clean, it would run well for a few hours but the condensate began backing up and leaking from the bottom of the "y" piece.(yes the condensate pipe was falling away from the boiler). I just replaced the condensate sump unit and the problem was sorted.

Right, pretty sure I have sorted this turd of a boiler now, bloody plated heat exchanger had a pinhole in it, right where the condensate had been dripping on it, why FFS it didn't show yesterday when I checked and checked and checked and checked "everything" before putting the front on, F**k knows, some boilers just seem to take the ****, just wondering if some suit and tie can explain how this super efficient wonderful condensing planet saving appliance has saved the customer any money, 6 years old, just cost them £467.00, new combustion seals and nuts, new washers new safety valve new plated exchanger, all which have to be manufactured and old ones re-cycled, plus my vehicle thrashed in a temper from my house to job, job to spares place back to job back home back to job back to Parts Center back to job back to home, how's that for planet saving, T***s.

Shan't start on how many cuts I have on my hands from the specially sharpened edges sharpened in Glowworms special sharpening dept. Ar*****s

I've enjoyed this thread P.V.M, once you've done a few they do get easier. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back